[Liberia] Heaven Eleven Continue Unbeaten Run in Orange Second Round



Heaven Eleven extended their lead at the top of Orange second division on matchday 12. 


But they labored to a 1-0 victory over Jubilee, who were determined to take at least a point, at the Nancy Doe Stadium in Kakata, Margibi County on 26 February. 


James Lasana scored the winner in the 83rd minute but Christian Totimah was sent-off in the 94th minute by referee Emmanuel Tarley for denying what would have probably been the equalizer.


The Mount Gangra Boys from Yekepa now have 29 points, six more than second-placed Sandi FC, who defeated Tony FC 1-0, at the Antoinette Tubman Stadium (ATS) on 27 February. 


Muscat FC are third-placed following a 4-2 victory over Keitrace FC at the Samuel Kanyon Doe sports complex in Paynesville on 27 February.


Keitrace looked to be on their way to victory when Moses Sheriff scored in the fifth minute.


But Zubah Vessilee leveled in the 23rd minute and Mark Yallah dispelled what looked like a shock on the cards in 37th minute. 


Michael Dennis made it 3-1 in the 47th minute but Alfred Harris was sent-off in the 77th minute by referee Matthew Sloh for a second caution. 


Muscat didn’t take their feet off the accelerator as Musa Jabateh confirmed their victory in the 81st minute.


Tim Doyen got Keitrace’s second goal in the 84th minute.


Junior Professionals defeated FC Fassell 2-1 at the ATS on 27 February to move into the fourth position.


Mustapha Tamba and Luke Cheeks scored in the 54th and 61 minutes for Junior Pros while Jose Wallace got Fassell’s consolation in the 88th minute. 


Defending champions Barrack Young Controllers defeated Mighty Blue Angels 4-1 at the George Weah technical center in Careysburg on 27 February.


Abraham Kamara scored a brace in the seventh and 69th minutes while Sabaster Teclar and Mark Gibson added their names to the tally sheet in the 15th and 82nd minutes.


Wurie Barrie converted a 43 minute penalty in what turned out to be a consolation goal for Blue Angels, whose Christian Johnson was sent-off by referee George Mobo for a reckless tackle in the 49th minute. 


In his instant match report, referee Mobo said he was assaulted by Blue Angel midfielder Adolphus Tarpeh in the presence of match commissioner Cllr. Joseph M. Kollie after the match.


Gibson Freeman scored a hat-trick for Stages FC, who secured a second win in a 3-2 victory over Jai FC in Kakata on 26 February.


Stages had a two-goal lead thru Freeman in the 56th and 58th minutes but Lawrence Kumeh and James Kamara brought Jai leveled in the 61st and 62nd minutes respectively.


Freeman took the match ball home with the winner six minutes from time.  


And Gardnersville FC drew goalless away to Ganta Almighty 2-2 in Ganta, Nimba County on 26 February.

Evelyn Edefe

215 News posts